Welcome to Referre
PLEASE NOTE : OUR CLINIC IS CLOSING ON 18 MARCH 2020 AND WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO SEE NEW REFERRALS or ACCEPT MEDICO-LEGAL ENQUIRIES
Founded in 2012, by Dr Shirley Gracias (Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist) Referre offers
- Independent psychiatric clinical services for children and young people aged 0 to 25 years.
- Specialist interventions for parents and children aged 0 to 3 years.
- Specialist assessments and support for families with children and young people on the Autism Spectrum.
- Psychotherapy (talking therapies) and medication.
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and personal development.
- Medicolegal assessments covering family breakdown, care proceedings, mental capacity, consent and fitness to plead.
- Therapeutic intervention for families in Court Proceedings.
- Specialist assessments and tailor-made packages of intervention for Local Authorities.
- In-house therapeutic services at some independent boarding schools.
- Training and development services for professionals and carers.
Our ethos is a focus on early intervention and prevention, skilled in psychotherapeutic approaches as well as the use of medication. Where needed we link with other professional groups (e.g. for the Specialist Autism Service we work with a team comprising a psychologist, a speech & language therapist and a playworker).
To support families that cannot access paid for services we have provided a Circle of Security Group for parents in the Burbage School cluster. Additionally, Dr Gracias is an advisor to the Wiltshire Child and Family Counselling Trust (a charitable organisation providing therapy in Wiltshire) and hopes to provide some services through them.
Referre is a General Medical Council Designated Body.